Basic Life Support (BLS) - Heartcode
HeartCode BLS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the BLS Course. HeartCode blended learning delivers quality resuscitation education regardless of where providers are located and gives them more control to complete the course at their own pace. Providers first complete the online portion of HeartCode BLS and then complete a hands-on skills session with an AHA BLS Instructor or on a simulation station.
This product has been updated with new science from the 2020 Guidelines for CPR and ECC and replaces the previous version (15-3254). If you are a student, please confirm with your Training Center that this is the appropriate product for your training.
Candidates will be able to:
- Perform CPR on adults, children and infants in either aprehospital or hospital track
- Train on using an AED
- Rescue victims of choking and respiratory failure
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
American Heart Association
This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in hospital and pre-hospital settings