Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Course
- 16-17 November 2022 at AOS, Riyadh (limited seat)
- 19-20 November 2022 at AOS, Jeddah (limited seat)
Note: POCUS Course is Accredited with 15 CME from the Saudi Commission for Health Specialist
A good number of patients are receiving their initial care and diagnostic testing in emergency departments (EDs).
Point-of-care testing has been shown to achieve and improve the speed and accuracy of diagnostic testing and lead to minimizing the delay between onset of symptoms and initiation of definitive therapy.
Expediting triage and time to diagnosis are crucial to decreasing morbidity and mortality in critically ill patients. Answering specific clinical questions will narrow differentials, guide clinical therapy, and direct consultations and disposition.
POCUS can be used as a rapid, reliable, diagnostic tool. It is believed that in the nearest future, Doctors will carry a pen like a probe rather than a stethoscope.
POCUS is a Sonoschool’s first emergency ultrasound school in the Middle East. It is the first leading sonography school in the region and the center of ultrasound education in the Middle East countries. SonoSchool aims to give an efficient and reliable bedside US education that makes a clinical difference on physican’s healthcare practice. SonoSchool helps building knowledge to make theoretical and practical meanings. In collaboration with the Sonoschool, the Academy of Sciences is proud to announce the upcoming courses, which will be conducted in its facilities in Riyadh and in Jeddah Cities.
In this course, participants will learn how to:
- Use point of care ultrasound (POCUS) to diagnose the most important problems seen in the acute care setting.
- Ideal for anyone who’s just starting to use POCUS in the emergency department, general ward, ICU or private clinic.
- Learn to use POCUS to increase your success rate and decrease complications when performing common procedures.
- Physics of Ultrasound
- Lung Ultrasound
- Cardiac Axes
- Fluid resuscitation with Ultrasound
- Hepatobiliary Ultrasound
- Renal Ultrasound
- Aorta/IVC Ultrasound
Renowned International and National Speakers are invited.
- Emergency Physicians
- General Practitioners
- General Surgeons
- Internal Medicine
- Any physician with an interest in Ultrasonography