Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Course
- 17-18 February 2023 at AOS, Riyadh (limited seat)
- 24-25 February 2023 at AOS, Jeddah (limited seat)
A good number of patients are receiving their initial care and diagnostic testing in emergency departments (EDs).
Point-of-care testing has been shown to achieve and improve the speed and accuracy of diagnostic testing and lead to minimizing the delay between onset of symptoms and initiation of definitive therapy.
Expediting triage and time to diagnosis are crucial to decreasing morbidity and mortality in critically ill patients. Answering specific clinical questions will narrow differentials, guide clinical therapy, and direct consultations and disposition.
POCUS can be used as a rapid, reliable, diagnostic tool. It is believed that in the nearest future, Doctors will carry a pen like a probe rather than a stethoscope.
In this course, participants will learn how to:
- Use point of care ultrasound (POCUS) to diagnose the most important problems seen in the acute care setting.
- Ideal for anyone who’s just starting to use POCUS in the emergency department, general ward, ICU or private clinic.
- Learn to use POCUS to increase your success rate and decrease complications when performing common procedures.
- Physics of Ultrasound
- Lung Ultrasound
- Cardiac Axes
- Fluid resuscitation with Ultrasound
- Hepatobiliary Ultrasound
- Renal Ultrasound
- Aorta/IVC Ultrasound
- Emergency Physicians
- General Practitioners
- General Surgeons
- Internal Medicine
- Any physician with an interest in Ultrasonography